MARK PARISH COUNCIL

 

 

A Meeting of Mark Parish Council was held in the Church Hall, Vicarage Lane, Mark on Tuesday, 1st March 2022 at 7.00 p.m.

 

Present:- Councillor S. Emary (Chairman) Councillors D. Champion, Mrs E. Corkish, G. Francis, W. Human,  J. Spencer and Mrs J. Weekes with the Clerk.

 

46. Declarations of Interest

 

Councillors Mrs E. Corkish and Mrs J. Weekes declared personal interests in matters relating to the Village Hall.

 

47. Minutes

 

The Minutes of the Meeting held on 14th December 2021 were confirmed and signed by the Chairman as a correct record.

 

48. National Grid

 

David Woodcock and Laura Griffin from National Grid gave an update on the Hinkley Connection Project which started in 2018 and was scheduled to be completed in its entirety in 2025. 16 T-pylons had been erected in Mark and 16 Western Power pylons would be removed. Restoration work would take place from summer 2022. They indicated that Wainbridge Farm would be sold later in the year and Members requested that remedial work should take place in the interest of public safety in the meantime. Details of community work in Mark were also outlined and it was noted that a litter pick would take place on 18th March.

 

49. Finance

 

a)  Balance of Accounts

 

It was reported that the balance of accounts at 1st February were as follows - Current £9,477.56, Reserve £28,505.89.

 

b) Authorisation for Payment

 

 It was agreed that the following payments be authorised:-

DD       Sedgemoor DC                         payroll                                                                     £975.00

000944 MCA                                        grant                                                                      £3,900.00

000945 MCA                                        jubilee grant                                                             £500.00

000946 GWB Services                         grass cutting & maintenance work                           £790.60

000947 Smith of Derby                        clock maintenance                                                    £372.00

000948 Parish Clerk                             expenses & reimbursement of sundry payments      £274.09

 

It was noted that the Parish Council were unable to make a grant to Mark PCC towards the cost of improvements to the kitchen and toilets in the Church due to legal reasons. However, Members indicated their support for the project.

 

c) Risk Management Report and Statement of Internal Control 2021/22

 

The Council approved a Risk Management Report and Statement of Internal Control for 2021/22.

 

51. Planning Portfolio

 

It was agreed to confirm recommendations of permission made in respect of the following applications –

037 Erection of replacement double garage with first floor games room, The Potlatch, Blackford Road, Mark – S. Winchester

040 Erection of replacement stables with haybarn and riding arena, Brook Farm, Dutch Road, Mark – D. Sears.

001 Erection of self-build dwelling adjacent to Webbers Cottages, Southwick Road, Mark – S. Vincent

003 Erection of a storage and animal shelter building opposite Portland House, The Causeway, Mark – S. Kerton.

004 Application for prior approval of change of use of an agricultural building to a dwelling and demolition of adjacent barn, Corndell Farm, The Causeway, Mark – Mr & Mrs J. Griffin.

 

The following new applications were considered -

002 Change of use from agriculture to equestrian and erection of building to include three stables and storage, Rose Farm, Yarrow Road, Mark – Mrs D. Bayliss – recommend permission.

005 Erection of single storey rear extension, 23 Grange Paddock – D. Hanlon – defer for further consideration.

006 Erection of self-build dwelling, Longfield Farm, The Causeway, Mark – D. Haines – recommend permission.

 

It was agreed to request the District Council’s Enforcement Officers to investigate the stationing of a mobile home and other work on land on the west side of Vole Road, near Willow Tree Farm.

.

52. Public Areas Portfolio

 

a) Highway Matters

 

It was agreed to report potholes at Southwick and at the Kingsway/Church Street junction. Mr Bickers would be requested to paint the railings at the junction of Northwick Road and Vole Road when weather conditions were suitable. County Councillor Huxtable would be requested to give an update on the proposed speed survey at Blackford Road. Councillor Mrs Corkish had taken part in a Zoom Meeting organised by the Somerset Bus Partnership and representations on behalf of the Parish Council had been sent to the Minister for Roads, Buses and Places. It was agreed that an additional dog waste bin be installed by the District Council at Littlemoor Road at a cost of approximately £185 and a potential location was agreed.

 

b) Play Area

 

It was noted that a new “No dogs” sign had been fixed to the play area gate

 

c) Public Rights of Way

 

It was noted that some rights of way had been blocked by fallen trees following the recent storms.

 

d) Village Hall /Football Pitch Area

 

It was agreed to request the MCA to strengthen the hedge with new planting following the loss of some trees and bushes during the recent storm. Councillor Mrs Weekes agreed to raise the matter at their next Meeting.

 

53. Web-site Portfolio

 

Councillor Mrs Weekes reported upon usage of the web-site.

 

54. H.M. The Queen – Platinum Jubilee

 

It was noted that a commemorative bench had been ordered for Jubilee Green at a cost of £1,137.37. A standard weeping willow tree had also been planted at Jubilee Green with a plaque and, after discussion, it was agreed that a picket fence be erected around it. The vicar would bless the tree on 18th March. A grant of £500 had also been made to Mark Community Association towards the cost of a village celebration event.

 

55. Next Meeting

 

It was agreed that the next Meeting be held on 26th April 2022 starting at 7.00 p.m. to conclude financial matters prior to the May elections. Nomination papers and details of the election timetable would be distributed as soon as they were at hand.

 

 

 

 

The Meeting closed at 8.35 p.m.                                              Chairman

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Print Print | Sitemap
© Mark Parish Council