MARK PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES of a Planning Meeting of Mark Parish Council held at Mark Village Hall on
Wednesday 8th April 2015 at 6.00 p.m.
Present:- Councillors Mrs D Bayliss, N Van der Bijl, Mrs E Corkish, S. Emary, G Francis, Mrs C Gibson, M. Schollar and Mrs J Weekes
- Declarations of interest - Mr G Francis declared an interest over application
- Minutes of the planning meeting held on 16th February 2015 were confirmed as a correct
- Comments Planning applications :
Planning application 33/14/00010 - Full Planning
- Location: Langdale, The Causeway, Mark
- Application: Retention of car port to side (East) elevation
- Applicant: Mrs C Kelson
- Comments: We object to this planning application as we consider it is contrary to policy D2 of the SDC
LDF Core Strategy in that the design is not of high quality and does not contribute to the quality of the street scene along Mark Causeway or public realm. It dominates the scene as viewed from the
neighbouring dwelling as it is far too big and is not in keeping with the present building.
If the Planning Officer has a mind to refuse permission then we expect and request
that enforcement action is taken to have the construction removed.
Planning application 33/15/00012 - Application for Non-material
- Location: Land north-east of, Chestnut Farm, Southwick, Mark
- Application: Application for Non-material amendment to Planning Permission 33/14/00024 (Formation of
Solar Photovoltaic Farm, generating up to 3MWp with associated ancillary infrastructure and access for a temporary period of up to 27 Years.) to amend the location of the security fence, layout of
arrays, position of substation, replace two proposed transformer-inverter kiosks with one located adjacent to substation and addition of store building.
- Applicant: Belltown Solar 3 Limited.
- Comments: We consider that this application does not comply with one for Non-material Changes in
that the application seems to change many aspects that are material to the original application. We also note that a culvert in a Rhyne to the right hand side of a small bridge off Yardwall Road has
already been blocked by the developer endangering houses along Yardwall Road from flooding.
Planning application 33/15/00013 - Listed Building Consent
- Location: Packhorse Farm, Church Street, Mark
- Application: Replacement of 15 uPVC windows with hard wood windows.
- Applicant: Mrs J Morley
- Comments: We support this application as we consider it complies with national planning policy
guidance 15 for historic buildings. It will improve the character and look of this historic building in that wooden windows will replicate those used in the original construction.
Planning application 33/15/00014 - Full Planning Permission
- Location: 6 Council Houses, The Causeway, Mark
- Application: Erection of first floor extension.
- Applicant: Mr & Mrs Pople
- Comments: We support this application as we consider it complies with policies D2 and D16. It will not
overlook or dominate any neighbouring dwellings
Planning application 33/15/00015 - Full Planning Permission
- Location: Building to the North of, Larches, The Causeway, Mark.
- Application: Erection of tractor/plant storage shed.
- Applicant: Mr & Mrs R May
- Comments: We object to this planning application as we consider that it is over development at the
site. There is currently enough storage on site which is becoming a commercial site in place of residential with some home working
Planning application 33/15/00016 - Reserved Matters
- Location: Reed Farm, Southwick, Mark
- Application: Reserved Matters Application for the erection of agricultural workers dwelling, garage
and formation of access.
- Applicant: CL, AE & R C Sweet
- Comments: Whilst we do not object to the application we require and expect that an agricultural tie is
placed on this development and that the development is tied via a 106 agreement to the main farm, Blagdon Farm, in Burtle.
Planning application 33/15/00017 - Full Planning Permission
- Location: 4 West Close, The Causeway, Mark
- Application: Erection of part two storey, part single storey extension to rear (South) elevation,
partly on site of existing (to be demolished), porch and dormer window to front (North) elevation.
- Applicant: Mrs V Puddy.
- Comments: We support this application as it complies with policy D2 of the SDC Core Strategy. We
consider that the development will not compromise or overlook any neighbouring properties.
Planning application 33/15/00018 - Full Planning Permission
- Location: Ivy House Farm, The Causeway, Mark
- Application: Change of use and conversion of barn to annexe accommodation to the main
- Applicant: Mrs Catterall.
- Comments: We support this planning application as the development has no kitchen and is so not a
separate dwelling but is obviously ancillary accommodation to the main house. We also ask and expect that the development is tied via a 106 agreement to the main house.
4) Issues that should be reported to enforcement at Sedgemoor District Council
a) M Schollar
agreed to report the development at Bramble Farm to planning and enforcement at SDC due to the application information not being correct.
b) It was also
agreed to report the illegal highway entrance opened at Crooked Ham, Vole Road to enforcement.
c) We are
concerned that at the site of planning application 33/15/00012 (Formation of Solar Photovoltaic Farm, generating up to 3MWp with associated ancillary infrastructure and access for a temporary period
of up to 27 Years.) a culvert in a Rhyne to the right hand side of a small bridge off Yardwall Road has already been blocked by the developer endangering houses along Yardwall Road from
Meeting closed at 06.50pm